Articles on this Page
- 02/04/12--00:51: _How To Optimize You...
- 12/13/11--00:41: _Christmas Design To...
- 08/30/10--21:48: _Photoshop for Begin...
- 08/30/10--22:45: _Image Recovery
- 03/01/11--16:08: _16 Brochures You Do...
- 04/04/11--23:24: _3 Standard Principa...
- 05/02/11--15:36: _Behind the Font-Fac...
- 05/02/11--15:54: _Behind the Font-Fac...
- 08/23/11--16:25: _24 Great Graphics f...
- 10/26/11--14:20: _Creating Dramatic T...
- 02/04/12--00:51: How To Optimize Your Print-Based Portfolio
- 12/13/11--00:41: Christmas Design Tool Kit for Greeting Cards
- 08/30/10--21:48: Photoshop for Beginners: The Clone Stamp Tool
- 08/30/10--22:45: Image Recovery
- 03/01/11--16:08: 16 Brochures You Don’t See Everyday
- 04/04/11--23:24: 3 Standard Principal Elements in Effective Print Design
- 05/02/11--15:36: Behind the Font-Face Part 1: The Psychology of Font
- 05/02/11--15:54: Behind the Font-Face Part 2: Choosing Fonts for Print
- 08/23/11--16:25: 24 Great Graphics for Labor Day Ads
Print portfolios are not dead. While an online portfolio certainly is extremely important in today’s digital age, a print portfolio is still equally important for showing that you know how to design for a project that will be sent to an online printing company. Many clients know that there is a difference between a web [...]
There’s still time to get your Christmas greeting cards designed and printed! The key to quick, quality designs is to start with the right resources. Once you have quality stock images and fonts, you can quickly put the finishing touches on the design and send it to the presses. Stock images are necessary for the [...]
One of the single most powerful tools in Photoshop is the Clone Stamp Tool. With this feature you can work magic on photos that need to be touched up or have items removed. In the photo below, the woman has a small mole on her face that needs to be cleaned up. The two versions [...]
We truly apologize for the absence of images on most of the posts on the site. We are doing our best to get all images back up and running. Thank you for understanding.
Brochures are an excellent marketing media for informing clients of products, services, or company, but they can only do their job when clients are intrigued enough to open the cover. Most designers know the vital importance of capturing attention with a smashing design on the cover and stunning graphics and layout throughout the rest of [...]
Companies are scurrying to merge their print and online media to become a unified and effective tool for reaching out to their audience. But a constantly evolving landscape of Web design is making it a challenge to come up with effective Web media, and doubly difficult to come up with matching print media. It’s high [...]
There is a relatively new maxim that suggests how important your choice of font is. Now, not a lot of people take the time to personalize their choice of font-face. However, when it comes to print and Web material where the choice of font type is almost as essential as what the text says, understanding [...]
We’ve touched slightly on the psychology and different perspectives on the influence of font-faces. Now we’ll look into the application of this research into print media and marketing. We would focus on the three perspectives mentioned in the previous post: legibility, suitability, and personality. We’ll also divide print media categories into single page media (or [...]
Whether your marketing efforts for Labor Day sales include postcards, sales letters, emails, or even a simple icon on your website, you are sure to find something from the following graphics. The list below includes icons, backgrounds, photos, and more that are perfect for giving your Labor Day marketing pieces the holiday feel they need [...]
Many projects require you to design for mulitple types of mediums: postcards, posters, websites, billboards. You can start with a MASSIVE Photoshop file or instead use Illustrator for your designs. Since typography is central to almost any design, Illustrator is the ideal tool if you are going to be using your design in multiple sizes. [...]